Sunday 17 February 2013

The Forgotten Cow

I'm actually really excited right now. I'm finally biting the bullet and putting scrapbooking papers and clipart into my Etsy store. While going through my art folders (which are extensive and messy) I came across this little gem which I'd entirely forgotten about.


"The Forgotten Cow", Digital, September 2011

Over a whole year ago I drew this cow and a brown compatriot. I'll have to draw another to make a nice set of three. I really love finding old art that you still like. It's encouraging to think you won't shudder to look at your current work 12 months from now (maybe 10 years from now, if my early stuff is anything to go by, but I dunno).

I'd like to print this one out to use as wallart. Would look great with an emerald green scrapbook pattern behind her. My previous interior design efforts have been propped up against my desk since the stick-on-wall-hook debarcle (read: those crappy stick on hooks fell off and dropped my artwork on the floor). Who knew a company famous for sticky notes might use glues that aren't really suitable for holding things on walls long term? Maybe I should get some real hooks on the wall above my bed so I can be sure my new decorative pieces won't fall on my head while I'm sleeping. Just a thought.

Anyway, pleased with my cow, and will hopefully have a link to my newly restocked Etsy shop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment