Sunday 17 March 2013

Printed Clutch Plans

I've been wanting to make myself a clutch purse lately. I like my purse, but it's bright yellow so it doesn't match most of the dresses I wear when I go out. If I made my own from the scrap fabrics I have laying around I could have one in every colour and not have to break the bank buying them.

I'd like to make one with a zip, but I think it would be better to start simple. I tend to ragequit at sewing machines. They always break as soon as I start using them and do odd things for no reason (They're secretly printers).

So while I've been looking at pictures for inspiration, I started to wonder if I could make one out of a sample swatch from Spoonflower and have my own design printed on my clutch. This is the first one I've come up with. Doesn't really solve my easy-to-match accessories problem, but I like it. Would go well with a black dress and colourful jewellery.

"Multi-Clutch Pattern", Digital, February 2013
Next job is to make up a sample or two in scrap fabric to practice. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment