Friday 25 January 2013

Two Purple Roses for Valentines Day

Whoops, it's been more than three weeks since my last blog post. I'm surely not the only blogger that suffers from procrastination, but that's just lazy. At least some of the time I've spent not blogging has been spent making art. This is what I've been up to today. Valentine's Day is coming up, and I've seen an artist selling collage heart artworks on Facebook. I was wondering if I could create something that someone would be interested in buying.

"Two Roses", Photoshop, January 2013

I'm still in two minds. I like it, but my insecurity kicks in and then I feel like it would be silly trying to sell a print of it. I keep telling myself there's no harm in trying, nothing to lose for not giving it a go, but I'm reluctant. I'll probably post on Facebook closer to the date.

Also wondering how best to sell it. I could make a one-off print, and advertise it as an original artwork. I feel like people put more weight on traditional art (particularly paint on canvas) than digital art, so it's hard to make it feel like an "artwork" and not a "drawing". Alternatively, I could make up greeting cards, stickers, magnets or something like that. But they have their own costs involved, which make it tricky if they don't sell.

For now, I'll probably just keep doodling on Photoshop, with the intention of somehow selling my work, but never really getting around to it. Either way, if you're looking for some purple rose based art to give to your Valentine this year, let me know. I might be able to hook you up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment