Friday 14 December 2012

New Blog

Starting too get back into drawing, so I thought I'd start a blog to document my progress. Lately I've spent a lot of time browsing the blogs of some very talented artists and seeing their improvement over time. I'd like this space both to motivate myself to continue, but also to share what I do with anyone else who might be interested. I can be quite insecure about the things I create, so hopefully having an outlet to share and some motivation to practice might build my confidence.

I like drawing animals, landscapes and abstract mandala-type images. I work with ink pens, coloured pencils, acrylic paints, collaged elements and also do some digital work. Most of my work features bright colours and symmetrical patterns. I'm currently working to develop a colouring technique which I like and spend more time working on shading and highlights.

For the sake of having an image to attach to this post, here is one of my abstracts. The original was doodled on a post-it note with a ballpoint pen. I then used the posterise feature of Photoshop to hide some of the pen scribbles, reversed and tinkered with the colours and mirrored the image to create a seamless tiling pattern.


"Lucky Day", Ballpoint Pen and Digital Manipulation, May 2012


I'm currently busy working on Christmas presents, so hopefully I'll have something newer to show in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment